Possible Ribbons You May Qualify For at AZ-941
- Special Teams Competition Ribbon - Awarded to team members for placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd in an Air Force or Joint Service Competition to include Color Guard Teams, Rifle Teams, Drill Teams, Saber Teams, Academic Bowl Teams, CyberPatriot, etc.
- Marksmanship Team Ribbon - Awarded to cadets who have participated in an approved marksmanship program and scored high enough for the ribbon. Written and signed proof of participation in such a program along with certified scores must be presented and approved by the SASI for award of the ribbon.
- Service Ribbon - Awarded for distinctive performance in school, community, or AFJROTC service projects. Limit to members whose active participation in a service project contributed significantly to the goals of the organization. Participation in Drill Teams, Saber Teams, or Color Guards does not qualify for the service ribbon. Requires 15 hours of community service
- Recruiting Ribbon - Awarded for outstanding effort in support of unit recruiting activities. The SASI awards this ribbon on locally developed criteria, which must be included in the unit Cadet Guide or unit Operating Instructions. Cadets will receive this ribbon upon accumulation of 30 recruiting points. Earning points is explained in the unit Recruiting Operating Instruction. Recruit a cadet
- Academic Ribbon - Awarded for academic excellence as signified by attaining an overall grade point average of a least a “B” for one academic term, in addition to an “A” average in AFJROTC.
- Good Conduct Ribbon - Awarded to cadets with no suspensions of any kind, no adverse reports from other staff or faculty in an academic term, if approved by the SASI.
- Dress and Appearance Ribbon - Awarded for wearing uniform on all designated uniform wear days and conforming to all AFJROTC dress and appearance standards, if approved by the SASI
- Attendance Ribbon - Awarded to cadets with no more than 4 excused absences and no unexcused absences in an academic term (may also be applied to class tardiness at the SASI’s discretion).
- Activities Ribbon - Awarded for participation in cocurricular activities other than Drill, Color Guard, or Saber Teams. These include, but are not limited to orienteering teams, model rocketry clubs, AFJROTC academic teams, and AFJROTC sports teams. An oak leaf cluster will be added to this ribbon for each year of membership beginning with the second year. This ribbon can also be earned for participation in significant unit activities to include parades or other unit activities designated by the SASI.
- Health and Wellness - Awarded by the SASI for participation in the health and wellness physical fitness program. All cadets who participate in the unit’s wellness program will receive the Health and Wellness Ribbon.
- Outstanding Flight Ribbon - Awarded each academic term to members of the outstanding flight under criteria determined by the SASI.
- Drill Team Ribbon - Participate in at least 75% of all scheduled drill team practices and events. Must be recommended by DT/CC.
- Color Guard Ribbon - Participate in at least five scheduled color guard events. Must be recommended by CG/CC.
- Saber Team Ribbon - Awarded for distinguished participation in at least 75% of all scheduled sabre team events
- Longevity Ribbon - Awarded for completion of each AS year.
Oak Leaf Clusters (OLC's) -
- Longevity Ribbon - OLC’s awarded yearly.
- Attendance - OLC’s awarded semesterly.
- Activities - OLC’s awarded semesterly.
- Recruiting Ribbon - Recruit another cadet
- Health and Wellness - All cadets who score in the Physical Fitness Test’s 75-84 percentiles will receive a Bronze Star device; 85-95 percentile they will receive a Silver Star device; and 96-100 percent they will receive a Gold Star device. Duplicate awards of the Bronze, Silver or Gold percentile will be denoted by the addition of another star on the ribbon. Should a cadet score in a higher percentile, only the star representing higher percentile will be worn. In no case will a cadet mix different color stars on the same ribbon.
- Service Ribbon - OLC’s awarded for each additional 15 hours of community service finished.
- Good Conduct - OLC’s awarded semesterly.
- Special Teams Competition Ribbon -OlC’s awarded for every event team placed in.
- Academic Ribbon - OLC’s awarded semesterly.
- Outstanding Flight Ribbon - OLC’s awarded for each outstanding flight a cadet may be a member of.